TEXT – PSALM 139:1-24
A. The rest of the story.
B. When we sin personally.
1. My story.
2. My daughter.
3. My son.
C. How we hide from our pain.
1. When the music stops.
2. When we sober up.
3. When the drugs wear off.
4. When our friends go home.
5. When we become tired of running.
6. When we are alone.
I. GOD IS STILL THERE AND HE IS STILL WORKING
A. He started working at CREATION. Genesis 1:26-27.
B. He started working on us at PROCREATION. Ps. 139:13.
C. When we sinned He started working on us again at RECREATION.
II. HOW GOD WORKS.
A. He promises.
1. I John 4:4 “Greater is He”.
2. Heb. 13:5 “He himself has said, I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you”.
3. Jesus said in Matthew 28:20 “Lo I am with you always”.
4. John 14:18 “I will not leave you desolate or alone”.
5. John 14:23 (NLT) “All those who love me will do what I say. My Father will love them, and we will come to hem and live with them”.
6. I Cor. 6:19-20 “You are the temple of the Holy Spirit”.
B. Where I go…He goes.
C. He will be with us in our fears and trials.
D. He will be there in our failures. WHAT I DO HE DOES.
1. I Cor. 6:13-17.
2. I Cor. 6:9-11. “Such were”
III. GOD’S PRESENCE APPLIED TO OUR DAILY LIVES.
A. Examine text of Psalm 139:1-24.
B. He was with us before we were born. 139:13-15.
1. He knows all about us. 139:1ff.
2. He searches us. Vs. 1.
3. He knows everything about me. 1-4.
4. He is always with me. Vs 5-7. Claudia’s illustration. Five people.
5. I can never run away from Him. IE. Umbrella.
a. Where can I flee from your presence.
b. Can I run to the heavens? You are there.
c. Can I go to the place of the dead? You are there.
d. Can I go to the heavens, to the sea? You are there.
e. Can I go to where it is absolutely dark? You are there.
A. He is always with us.
B. Is He singing in our hearts?
C. Is He weeping in our heart?
D. It’s our choice.
E. Consider Psalm 139:23-24.
1. Search me.
2. Search me o God.
– Not my friends.
– Not my enemies.
– Not myself.
3. Know my heart.
– Not just my words.
– Not must my actions.
4. Test me..know my thoughts.
5. Point out any thing in me that offends You.
6. Lead me along the path of everlasting life.
A. He takes care of our past.
B. He takes care of our future.
C. He is with us in trouble or temptation.
D. He is with us in failure.
Bill Putman Winema Family Bible Camp