A. The Lord wants ALL to be saved. I Peter 3:9.
B. He went first to the Jews.
1. They are not a chosen people because they are “better”.
2. He had chosen them to use them to reach the world.
3. When they rejected the invitation He turned to the Gentiles.
C. Let’s learn from this lesson.
D. The parable:
I. HE IS GOING TO HAVE A FEAST:
A. He was to have a feast.
B. He invited certain people to attend.
C. They made excuse.
D. He commanded that His house be filled with those originally uninvited.
II. HE GAVE INSTRUCTIONS TO FILL HIS HOUSE:
A. He commanded them to “GO!”. This in perfect harmony with the Great Commission which begins
B. He commanded them to “GOOUT!”
1. Leave the house.
2. Go out… No specific instructions given here.
3. In Matthew 28:18-20He sends into “all the world”.
4.In Acts 1:8He sends them to Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria and to the uttermost parts of The earth”.
C. We are told to GO OUT… IN EVERYdirection.
III. HE GAVE INSTRUCTIONS TO GO OUT QUICKLY:
A. We are to “GO OUT QUICKLY!”
B. The people are in great need:
1. The effect of sins consequences.Matthew 9:35-36. Diseased, sickness, distressed, downcast, sheep with out a shepherd. (Other “D’s”) Distressed, downcast, dead, deluded, dominated, damaged, druk, drugs, divorced, dispaired, doubting, deranged, dropped out, disinterested, diseased and disfunctional.
2. They are dying without God and without hope.
3. They are growing up without the knowlwdge of Godand His blessed Word.
4. Homes are decaying.
5. Sin rampant.
IV. HE GAVE INSTRUCTIONS AS TO WHERE TO GO TO FIND PEOPLE.
A. Go into the streets.
B. Go into the lanes of the city.
C. Go out into the highways.
D. Go out beind the hedges (Fences).
E. Go whereever people are!
IV. HE GAVE INSTRUCTIONS ON THE KINDS OF PEOPLE TO INVITE.
A. He sent them to:
- The POOR– The poorest people on earth are those who do not have a Savior.
- The MAIMED– These are those whos lives and nature are warped and twisted by sin!
- The HALT– These are those who have quit … who have given up the battle of life.
- The BLIND-Those “In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious Gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. II Corinthians 4:4.
B. Jesus said of the rich young ruler who turned away. (Mark 10:17-27) “How hard it will be for Those who are wealthy to enter the kingdom of God!”… “It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kndom of God”.
C. Paul explains it this way in I Corinthians 1:26-29. (Phillips)
“For look at your own calling as Christians, my brothers. You don’t see among you many of the wise (according to this world’s judgement) not many of the ruling class, nor many from the noblest families. But God has chosen what the world calls foolish to shame the wise; he has chosen what the world calls weak to shame the strong. He has chosen things of little strength and small reput, yes and even things which have no real existence to explode the pretensions of teh things that are… that no man may boast in the presence of God.”
V. OUR METHODS IN GOING.
A. We are told to GO OUT.
B. We are told to COMPELLthem to come in.
C. We are told to BRING THEM.
VI. THOSE WHO REFUSED:
A. They received two invitations.
B. They promised to come.
C. When it was time they made excuses.
1. A man bought a piece of land he had bought sight unseen.
2. One went to try out five yoke of oxen without trying them out?
3. A man just got married.
D. He gave Israel an invitation time and again.